Henry developed the Long Ranger to stretch the envelope in a design that takes the hunt to the fur in popular calibres at longer distances. The Long Ranger retains traditional lever action operation with an exposed hammer and forged steel lever but updates it with a geared action. A machined and chromed steel bolt with a 6-lug rotary head is driven into a rear extension of the barrel for a strong and consistent lock-up from shot to shot to shot.
With side ejection and a lightweight aerospace alloy receiver, the top is drilled and tapped for scope mounts, and the bottom features a steel-bodied flush-fit detachable magazine (5-round capacity in .223; 4-round in.308 Winchester) with a steel floorplate and a blackened steel release button on the right side of the receiver. All behind a 20” round and blued free-floated sporter barrel, and supported by a two-piece oil-finished American Walnut stock with precise laser-cut checkering, sling swivel studs, and a solid black rubber recoil pad for both recoil control and non-slip anchoring on the shoulder for the rapid follow-up shots where lever actions excel. Like our other centerfires, the Long Ranger carries on the in-hammer sliding transfer bar as a safety, instead of a manual safety button or slider that can be hard to operate with gloves.
Accurate? You bet. This is the Best-In-Class lever gun that leaves many bolt actions in the dust. If you’ve ever passed up a lever in favor of a bolt because of accuracy doubts, then doubt no longer. We didn’t pick the Long Ranger name out of a hat; if you need a tight-shooter that’ll reach out there, this rifle delivers. From coyote to whitetail to bear, the new Long Ranger is a logical evolution in lever-action technology as America’s contribution to classic firearms design, and it has you covered from hardwood forest to sagebrush flat in a trim, quick handling, and dependable 7-pound rifle you’ll be happy to reach for as you head out the door. We’ve upped our hunting ante, time for you to do the same?
• Geared, lever action
• Round, free-floating, steel barrel with a target crown and a blued finish
• Aircraft-grade aluminum-alloy receiver with a hard-coat-anodized finish
• American walnut stock with a straight grip and cut checking on the grip and forearm
• Machined, chromed steel bolt with a 6-lug rotary head
• Transfer bar safety
• Rubber recoil pad
• Exposed hammer
• Removable, flush-fit magazine
• Side ejection
• Swivel studs
• Drilled and tapped for a scope.
• Calibre: .223 Remington or .308 Winchester
• Magazine Capacity: 5 rounds (.223) or 4 Rounds (.308)
• Barrel Length: 20"
• Barrel Material: Blued steel
• Bolt: Machined steel, hard chromed
• Receiver Material: Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy
• Receiver Finish: Matte black
• Sights: None; drilled and tapped for scope mount/bases
• Stock: Checkered American Walnut with Rubber butt pad and sling swivels
• Stock finish: Satin
• Length of pull: 14"
• Overall length: 40.5"
• Weight: 7 pounds (Unloaded)
• Made in the USA.
Buyer must have a current Firearms Licence and complete a Police order form available from the Mail Order Form link below:
Mail Order Form
Gun City is NZ's largest firearms dealer. We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising and repairing firearms & accessories since 1978. We have the largest range of guns, ammo & accessories available now, online in New Zealand.
Please call our shop for more information on +64 3 379-8888 in Christchurch, New Zealand.