Free Shipping within New Zealand on all orders over $100* (excludes ammo, some safes and other large or bulky items such as some clay throwers)
Free shipping conditions;
* Due to new dangerous goods legislation, all Ammo and Powder purchases are NOT Free Shipping eligible any more - there will be a minimum charge of $10 per order
* Large items (such as Bulk Clay Targets) over 5kg are only free within main city centres (we will inform you of the shipping price before processing your order)
* SAFES: Charges may apply if you are purchasing a gun safe depending on your location - freight is free to depots of main centres only. Please let us know as much information on access to your property as possible before we confirm shipping. The large safes require specific freight vehicles which cannot access all residences, or require additional vehicles or conditions.
Main Centres and further information can be found here: Depot Locations
Dangerous Goods Shipping - NEW LEGISLATION:
Gun Powder can only be transported within the Island it is situated. We cannot send powder that is in the North Island, to the South Island and vice versa. We are sorry for this inconvenience - it is outside of our control.
As of 13/05/2016 New Health and Safety rules have been imposed, forbidding the passage of DG items (ammo, powder, gas etc) across the Cook Strait, meaning courier from South Island to North and vice versa is not possible in most cases. We have engaged a new courier company to rectify this issue, but because of this we can no longer offer free freight for Ammunition purchases.
Rural Deliveries are also prohibited by any courier that is not a Fastway or Toll Courier (i.e. a 3rd party rural contractor) so Gun City can no longer offer delivery to your door, if you are Rural Delivery. You will need to call your local Toll Depot to find out - the depot list can be found here: Toll Depot Locations
We are sorry for this inconvenience however it is out of Gun City's control and at present, there are no other alternatives.
Dangerous Goods to Chatam Islands (ammo, CO2, powder etc):
Because of the process involved with shipping to the Chatam Islands, Gun City's policy is as follows:
- Free Shipping does not apply
- Shipping on items over $200 is $20 (dependant on what the item is)
- Shipping on items under $200 is $30 (dependant on what the item is)
NZ Shipping Information
- We ship Monday to Friday so Saturday and Sunday orders will be processed Monday (which means no overnight for Sat-Sun orders).
- Our couriers don't have an overnight service for rural and ammunition deliveries.
- Shipping costs are automatically calculated at the checkout based on an estimation of the total weighted units per package and the shipping destination.
NZ Delivery Times
- Parcels sent to Urban addresses - 2-3 working days.
- Parcels sent to Rural addresses - 3-5 working days.
- Bulk Ammo (DG - under 5kg) - 3-7 working days
- Bulk Ammo (DG) and Safes (over 5kg) - 7-14 working days.
International shipping rates
Are dependent on the destination country and the size and weight of the items in the order. An estimated price will be displayed after you confirm your order, and we will contact you to confirm the exact price. PLEASE NOTE: Restricted items (Silencers, Magazines, Bolts etc) require permits prior to sending. Estimated shipping cost to Australia is $300.
Shipping Guns & Accessories to The USA
It will be an expensive process to send you one gun, costing approximately US$400 for paper work and shipping.
You will need to find a licensed importer willing to import it for you, this is not always easy and they will want to be paid for that service.
Additionally, there are some guns and accessories we sell (particularly silencers) that are not permitted into the United States, such as rifles made in China and US made guns that were given to foreign countries under the Lend-lease Scheme