Free shipping within New Zealand on all orders over $100* (excludes firearms, ammunition, safes heavier than 28kg and large or bulky items such as some clay throwers)
* = This applies for purchases made on the Gun City Website ONLY.
Free Shipping Conditions
- All firearms are NOT eligible for free shipping. If you would like to collect in store and your selected store does not have stock available, you will need to pay for the shipping between the stores.
- All ammunition purchases are NOT eligible for free shipping - there will be a minimum charge of $10 per order. If you would like to collect in store and your selected store does not have stock available, you will need to pay for the shipping between the stores.
- Large items (such as bulk clay targets) over 5kg are only free within main city centres (the shipping may be calculated after you have placed your order)
- Charges may apply if you are purchasing a gun safe depending on your location - free freight is available to the carry depots. Please let us know as much information on access to your property as possible before we confirm shipping. The large safes require specific freight vehicles which cannot access all residence or require additional vehicles or conditions.
Main Centres and further information can be found here: Depot Locations
All firearms are not eligible for free shipping. As of the 11.6.2019 we will only be shipping firearms to Non-rural Business Addresses (No residential addresses). It is your responsibility to organise this with the business and confirm they are happy to accept the package.
Safes and Large Items Shipping
All safes/pallets are free to the closest depot.
NOTE: Website shipping costs are only a estimate. Shipping costs will vary depending on the weight of the safe/pallet and your address. We will send you an email with the total cost after you have placed your order. Alternatively, you can contact us for a quote through the enquiry page.
Our courier only provides a Kerb-side delivery, which means you must be able to get the safe/pallet into the home yourself.
Dangerous Goods Shipping
As of the 29/08/2018 we are no longer shipping gun powder, this is due to the courier companies no longer accept these products. This includes shipping between our branches. Gun powder will only be available for in store pick up.
Dangerous goods to rural addresses are prohibited by our couriers, Gun City can no longer offer delivery to your door if you are rural. We can deliver to your local Toll depot here you can pick up. The depot list can be found here: Depot Locations
Dangerous Goods Include:
• Green Gas
We are sorry for this inconvenience however it is out of Gun City's control and at present, there are no other alternatives.
NZ Shipping Information
• Orders are shipped Monday to Friday, Weekend and Public Holiday orders will be processed on the next business day (no overnight deliveries for Sat-Sun orders).
• Our couriers don't have an overnight service for rural and ammunition deliveries.
• Shipping costs are automatically calculated at the checkout based on an estimation of the total weighted units per package and the shipping destination.
If Toll are unable to deliver your parcel on their first attempt, your item will be taken back to your local depot for collection. If you wish for a re-delivery, you will need to contact your Toll depot using the ‘card to call’ to arrange this. Please be aware that there will be a $5 charge for a re-delivery.
Not all items you have ordered maybe available for pick up in your selected store. Please wait for an email from our Web Team before coming in to collect as we cannot guarantee your item will be ready.
New Zealand Delivery Times
• Parcels sent to Urban addresses - 2-3 working days.
• Parcels sent to Rural addresses - 3-5 working days.
• Bulk Ammo (DG - under 5kg) - 3-7 working days
• Bulk Ammo (DG), large items and Safes (over 5kg) - 7-14 working days.
International Shipping Rates
Are dependent on the destination country and the size and weight of the items in the order. An estimated price will be displayed after you confirm your order, and we will contact you to confirm the exact price. PLEASE NOTE: Restricted items (Silencers, Magazines, Bolts etc) require permits prior to sending. Dangerous goods are unable to be sent overseas, please see above for dangerous goods items. Estimated shipping cost to Australia is $300.
Shipping Guns & Accessories To The USA
• It will be an expensive process to send you one gun, costing approximately US$400 for paper work and shipping.
• You will need to find a licensed importer willing to import it for you, this is not always easy and they will want to be paid for that service.
• Additionally, there are some guns and accessories we sell (particularly silencers) that are not permitted into the United States, such as rifles made in China and US made guns that were given to foreign countries under the Lend-lease Scheme.