Formerly known as an "1895 GBL" (Guide Big Loop), this model is Ruger's first reintroduction in the Guide Gun family of rifles and Ruger's first introduction of an alloy steel Marlin rifle with a blued finish.
Marlin "Quality crafted into every rifle"
Improved manufacturing processes create tight tolerances, resulting in a reliable, attractive rifle. Multi-layered quality control procedures, including daily function and accuracy audits and multiple inspections, result in a high-quality product.
• Receiver, lever and trigger guard plate are CNC machined from alloy steel forgings.
• Barrel is made of alloy steel and is cold hammer-forged which results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and longevity.
• Threaded barrel, with factory-installed thread protector, has an 11/16"-24 pattern to accommodate a muzzle brake or other barrel accessories.
• Glass bead-blasted components for a satin finish.
• Adjustable semi-buckhorn sights are great for quick target acquisition.
• Six-round, tubular magazine with a loading gate located on the receiver.
• Soft rubber buttpad effectively absorbs recoil.
• Positive, push-button, cross-bolt manual safety and traditional half-cock hammer.
• Reliably feeds a wide range of .45-70 Govt. factory ammunition and bullet types.
• Durable, laminate buttstock and forend remain dimensionally stable in varying weather conditions.
• Sharp checkering provides an excellent grip in all weather conditions.
• Nickel-plated bolt aids smooth cycling.
• Oversized lever loop provides clearance for operation with heavy gloves.
• Slim forend for an attractive look and comfortable feel.
• Also includes: Sling swivel studs, offset hammer spur.
• Calibre: 45-70 Govt
• Magazine Capacity: 6 + 1
• Barrel Length: 485 mm / 19.1"
• Barrel Thread: 11/16x24
• Rear Sight: Semi-Buck Horn
• Front Sight: Brass Bead with Hood
• Stock: Brown Laminate
• Safety: Cross-bolt & Half-cock Hammer
• Finish: Satin Blued
• Overall Length: 946 mm / 37.25"
• Weight: 3.4 Kgs / 7.4 Lbs
• Length of Pull: 339.9 mm / 13.38"
• Rate of Twist: 1:20" RH
• Barrel: Cold Hammer-Forged
Purchase of this item requires a firearms licence, you will need to complete a Police Order Form and take it into your local police station to have it signed off. The form can be found from the link below.
Police Order Form
Gun City is NZ's largest firearms dealers. We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising and repairing firearms and accessories since 1978. We have the largest range of guns, ammo and accessories available now, online in New Zealand.
Please call our shop for more information on +64 3 379-8888 in Christchurch, New Zealand.