The Steyr Scout provides the ideal solution for versatility, durability, accuracy and reliability in a compact and lightweight bolt-action rifle platform. Developed in a nearly decade-long collaboration with legendary Marine Corps Lt.Col. Jeff Cooper, the Scout boasts an extensive list of innovative features.
The lightweight bolt-action, all-purpose Steyr Scout rifle was designed to accept a low-powered, forward-mounted scope for accurate fire and both-eyes-open operation to detect flanking dangers. Backup “ghost-ring” iron sights integrated to the top rail can be deployed within seconds should the optics fail. The rifle can also be fitted with a standard scope, should the need arise.
In keeping with Cooper’s requirement for a magazine cutoff, Steyr incorporated a two-position magazine system that allowed the rifle to be fed individually with the five-round magazine in a lowered position. The magazine could be seated one step further with minimal pressure, allowing the bolt to feed cartridges directly from the magazine. A second five-round backup magazine is contained in the buttstock in case of an urgent need to reload.
The Steyr Scout offers living proof of the saying “A man needs only one rifle”. The unique features make the Stery Scout a self-contained platform that can easily be carried in a rifle scabbard without any need for attaching/detaching a bipod or finding extra pockets for a spare magazine, perfect for use on horseback, ATV or on a vehicle rifle rack.
Available in .223 REM and .308 WIN (while stocks last).
See our other listings for Green and Tan!
• Short overall length of 38.6"
• Super lightweight at 6.6 lbs
• Fold-away integrated bipod
• Fluted and threaded barrel
• Flip-up iron sights and integral top rail
• Integrated spare magazine in stock (two mags total)
• Safe Bolt System (SBS) action with a unique 2+1 safety function
• Caliber: .223 Remington, .308 Winchester
• Operation: Bolt-action repeating rifle
• Action material: 25CrMo4 steel
• Magazine type/capacity: Polymer double-stack detachable box/5 rounds (10-round kit optional)
• Barrel: 19-inch, fluted, cold-hammer forged
• Rifling: Four-groove, 1:12 twist (.308)
• Finish: Mannox® Black
• Safety: 3+1 position safety
• Trigger type: Single-stage adjustable
• Pull weight: 4.8 lbs
• Stock material/type: Black, OD Green, White or MUD Polymer with integrated bipod & UIT rail
• Recoil pad: Elastomer with spacers to adjust length of pull
• Sling swivels Five removable push-and-turn-style positions available
• Weight, empty: 6.6 pounds
• Overall length: 39.4 inches
• Included accessories: Extra magazine, three sling swivels, owner’s manual
Purchase of this item requires a firearms licence, you will need to complete a Police Order Form and take it into your local police station to have it signed off. The form can be found from the link below.
Police Order Form
Gun City is NZ's largest firearms dealers. We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising and repairing firearms and accessories since 1978. We have the largest range of guns, ammo and accessories available now, online in New Zealand.
Please call our shop for more information on +64 3 379-8888 in Christchurch, New Zealand.