Hornady Subsonic Ammunition is designed for accuracy and performance below the speed of sound. The Sub-X (Subsonic - eXpanding) bullet features a lead core. Long grooves in its gilding metal jacket combine with the bullet’s flat profile and the patented Flex Tip insert within its hollow-point cavity to help it expand reliably at low velocities. Performance of the Hornady Subsonic load meets or exceeds FBI Protocol terminal ballistic test requirements.
• Loaded with unique powders optimized for subsonic use, the low flash signature is ideal for both suppressed and unsuppressed performance.
• Bullets feature a cannelure for a positive case crimp for use in semi-autos.
• Designed specifically to fit, feed, and function in a variety of firearms including gas system guns.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
• Cartridge: 45-70 Government
• Grain Weight: 410 Grains
• Quantity: 20 Round
• Muzzle Velocity: 1075 Feet Per Second
• Muzzle Energy: 1052 Foot Pounds
• Bullet Style: Polymer Tip
• Bullet Brand And Model: Hornady FTX
• Lead Free: No
• Case Type: Brass
• Primer: Boxer
• Corrosive: No
• Reloadable: Yes
• G1 Ballistic Coefficient: 0.285
• Sectional Density: 0.279
• Test Barrel Length: 24 Inches
• Velocity Rating: Subsonic
• Country of Origin: United States of America
Purchase of this item requires a firearms licence, you will need to complete a Police Order Form and take it into your local police station to have it signed off. The form can be found from the link below.
Gun City is NZ's largest firearms dealer. We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising, and repairing firearms & accessories since 1978. We have the largest range of guns, ammo & accessories available now, online in New Zealand.
Please call our shop for more information on +64 3 379-8888 in Christchurch, New Zealand.