For a hunt in an iconic mountain range, only the best will do. This knife’s namesake—the wild Canadian Monashee Mountains—are home to animals that haunt big game hunters’ dreams. With a big-bellied blade and Field Strip, this hunting folder is a pack staple.
Don’t ask Designer Russ Kommer whether he’d rather be hunting or in his Fargo, North Dakota shop designing his next hunting knife—that’s one that’s too close to call. He’s at the top of his game across the board, and the Monashee™ hunting folder is proof. With a long, curved stainless steel blade between a tough, highly-ergonomic thermoplastic handle, it comes up big in the field in front of a felled trophy. An ambidextrous thumb stud sends it into action and a locking liner keeps it in place when you’re elbows deep. If it starts to slow down, Field Strip comes in strong to restore it back to working order.
Track down your next trophy with the Monashee™ by your side.
How Field Strip Works
Field Strip technology lets you easily disassemble your knife for cleaning without tools. To disassemble, close the knife, push the front release lever up. Then spin the rear release wheel clockwise—once you feel the handle release, pull it up and away. Handle and blade come apart easily. To bring the knife back together, place the blade and handle into the closed position—press and hold the pivot. Once the pivot is seated correctly, rotate the release wheel counter-clockwise until snug. Push front lever down. The knife is restored to full working order.
For a quick FAQ on how Field Strip works, click here.
• Field Strip – Disassemble your knife for cleaning without tools
• High carbon stainless steel blade is easy to sharpen in the field and holds an edge well
• Black thermoplastic rubber handles with finger groves provide exceptional grip in all conditions
• Glow in the Dark backspacer to help locate knife in low light conditions
• Designed by Russ Kommer in Fargo, North Dakota.
• Blade Length: 3.361"/85.37 mm
• Blade Edge: Plain
• Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV
• Blade Finish: Satin
• Blade Thickness: 0.126"/3.2 mm
• Overall Length: 8.875"/131.42 mm
• Weight: 4.8 oz./136.08g
• Handle: Black - Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR); Gray - Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
• Style: Folding Knife w/Liner Lock.
Gun City is NZ's largest firearms dealer. We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising and repairing firearms & accessories since 1978. We have the largest range of guns, ammo & accessories available now, online in New Zealand.
Please call our shop for more information on +64 3 379-8888 in Christchurch, New Zealand.