Part Time Sales Team Member
Starting Through To Professional
• Location/s: Christchurch (Papanui or Sockburn) Penrose (AKL)
Northshore (AKL) Richmond (Nelson) & Wellington
• Hours: 1-2 Weekend days - 7 - 8 hours/day
Sat/Sun or combination week/weekend day - Fri/Sat or Sun/Mon.
• Duration: Part time, permanent
• Price Indication: Will vary on agreed hours (plus commission)
We’re looking for results-driven part-time salespeople to join our amazing team in one of our selected stores above in working 1 or 2 days on a weekend. We are seeking salespeople at any stage in their sales career, from starting out to industry professional. A proven sales record and/or Firearms knowledge is advantageous although not a necessity.
What does a sales team member do at Gun City?
You will be working at your local branch as a part of the nationwide team at New Zealand’s largest firearms dealer! Our goal is providing outstanding service to our excited and passionate customers that will create “raving fans”. You will be serving our customers and seeking to optimally present our great products instore. We have a full in-house training programme to bring you up to speed and help you become a professional in firearms knowledge and great sales service.
No firearms experience? No Problem. Bring a great attitude and willingness to learn!
A lack of firearms knowledge is not a deal breaker! Some of our best sales staff came to us new to the sport but were great at selling and forming genuine relationships with clients. They now have new hobbies and a passion for selling good gear as well. We can certainly teach you what you need to know to continue your sales success.
Our customers, who you will be serving, are some of the best!
Firearms owners and purchasers tend to be happy, law-abiding people who are excited about investing their money in the beautiful tools they have dreamed of owning that enable them to experience the great shooting opportunities New Zealand has to offer.
Great aspects of being a sales team member at Gun City:
• The opportunity to sell the biggest range of firearms, hunting and outdoors supplies in NZ
• Daily sales bonuses/rewards
• Staff Discounts
• Ramping Commission
• Great staff culture
• On job training
• Present, promote and sell products to achieve targets
• Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships
• Keep up to date on current industry standards, new products, and promotions
• Maintain a high standard in the product areas you look after
• Continuously improve through feedback
• Contribute to the creating a great team environment
• Being highly motivated and target driven (a proven track record in sales is an advantage)
• FAL holder (or eager to apply)
• Ability to learn computer systems
• Availability to work at least one weekend day per week
• Excellent communication skills
• Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
• Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
• Problem-solving personality
• Team player
Fill out the form below and send us your CV and a cover letter describing to us why you would be a great fit in the Gun City team and this role