Available for the first time in New Zealand, a Kiwi-designed masterpiece of a pig trap. This patent-pending design has evolved over a period of 40 years, by Canterbury pig hunter Daniel Robins (aka Diesel); the result is the perfect trap for the capture of multiple pigs. Diesel has recorded each of the 1500+ pigs caught his long hunting career and tried many different designs before settling on this as the final design.
Two key aspects of the design are the cleverly designed door allows multiple entries into the trap without having to be reset or allowing those animals already caught to escape and its strength. Many 200+ lb pigs have attempted to escape from this trap but without success.
Made from galvanised steel re-enforcing sheets keeps the cost down and strength up. It comes with three easy-to-assemble sides that can lay flat on a trailer and are 3.06 m (L) x 1.525m (H). Refer to the product images to see the final prototype in action before being put into production.
This kit comes as follows:
• 3x galvanised sides
• 1x solid galvanised gravity closing door
• 12x side wall pins (bottom pins can be driven into the ground)
• 1x carcass holder.
Tips For Setup:
• Choose a spot where you know pigs have been.
• Choose a spot that is visible from a distance with binoculars so you can visually check the trap without disturbing it.
• Use a 7-14 day old sheep carcass in the holder (the smellier the better)
• DO NOT HAVE DOG ANYWHERE NEAR the trap.
• We strongly recommend that the trap be 'pegged' into the ground using standard fencing 'Waratahs' to further aid security.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the size and weight of this item, please click here for more information.
We are NZ's largest firearms dealers. We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising and repairing firearms and accessories since 1978. We have the largest range of guns, ammunition, and accessories online in New Zealand.
Please call our shop for more information on (03) 379-8888 in Christchurch, New Zealand.