Scout III is the next generation of FLIR’s field-proven line of compact thermal night vision monoculars. Offering enhanced performance with 30Hz imaging, and advanced image processing, the Scout III family is ready for your next adventure in the great outdoors. Scout III displays the heat emitted by animals, humans, and terrain—day or night—and has multiple applications for legal hunting, camping, land management, and outdoor recreation.
To read more about the FLIR range CLICK HERE
• Identify predators and track game better than ever.
• Detects heat signatures up to 1200 yards away, (depending on model).
• High-speed 30Hz frame rate displays lifelike thermal video.
• Crisp, clear 640 x 480 display screen.
POWERFUL, YET SIMPLE
• Starts up in seconds, no training required.
• Easy-to-use buttons: Power, color palettes, E-Zoom, and screen brightness.
• Fast startup extends battery life by eliminating the need for standby.
COMPACT AND RUGGED
• Fits in any pocket, weather, and impact-resistant.
• Single hand operation.
• Lightweight, only 12 ounces.
• Weather-tight, ergonomic design.
• >5-hour Internal Li-Ion battery.
FLIR Scout III Specifications
• FOV: 24° × 18° NTSC.
• Start-up Time: < 1.5 seconds.
• Waveband: 7.5 - 13.5 µm.
• Thermal Sensitivity: <50 mK @ f/1.0.
• Detector Type: 240 × 180 VOx Microbolometer.
• Image Processing: FLIR Proprietary Digital Detail Enhancement.
• Power Button: On/Off.
• Zoom Button: Freeze Frame.
• Color Palettes: Black Hot, White Hot, InstAlert and Graded Fire.
• Task Light/Pointer: LED Flashlight.
• Built-In Display: 640 X 480 LCD Display.
• Video Output: NTSC composite video (switchable to PAL w/USER GUI).
• Video Refresh Rate: 30Hz NTSC.
• On-Screen Symbology: Standard.
• Battery Type: Internal Li-Ion Cell.
• Battery Life (Operating): >5 Hours.
• Rating: IP-67, Submersible.
• Operating Temp: -4°F to 122°F (-20°C to 50°C).
• Storage Temp: -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C).
• Drop: 1 m drop.
• Weight (incl. lens): 12 oz (340 g).
• Size (L × W × H): 6.70" x 2.31" x 2.44"
• Packages include: Handheld Thermal Camera, USB Power Adapter/Charger, Wrist strap, Custom Video out cable (320 and 640 version), USB Cable, Quick Start Guide, Molle bag.
Range Performance (No Extender)
• Detect Man (1.8 m × 0.5 m): 350m (382 yards).
• Detect Small Vessel (2.3 m × 2.3 m): 945m (1033 yards).