Check out this awesome and exciting new PCP (Pre-charge Pneumatic) air rifle by Air Chief!
A PCP air rifle uses compressed air as its power source and people love the power and accuracy you can get! The benefits of pre-charged pneumatic air rifles are multi-shot power and accuracy which can go a long way in the fun for both newbies and more experienced shooters alike. Depending on the gun you choose, you can get around 30 high-power shots without refilling the tank which helps you have more fun and refill less often for an added bonus. These air tanks are either built into the gun itself or will screw on to the rifle. The air tanks are then filled with a hand pump, a scuba tank or a small compressor. Airgunners love the power and precision of PCP air rifles especially when they are hunting game because you waste less time refilling and you get more punch behind the shot to take down bigger game.
The Air Chief M50 is a tactical PCP air rifle with a collapsible buttstock, and allows for attachment of a bipod to the practical Weaver rail located on the synthetic forearm, and extended mounting rail on the top of the rifle will allow you to attach any scope or tactical accessory you want.
The air cylinder has a capacity of 240 cc and the maximum fill pressure is 250 bar. The pressure gauge is located on the front end of the cylinder. This model comes with a fill probe but you need to buy a Quick-Fill nozzle to be able to fill it. The pressure regulator ensures a stable and consistent performance.
What's more, the Air Chief M50 is semi-automatic air rifle which is another exciting feature! Stock won't last, don't miss out!
Please note that all PCP air rifles require a firearms licence to purchase, and they need to be stored and treated the same as firearms.
• Semi-auto function
• Pressure regulator
• Integrated suppressor
• Two stage trigger
• Picatinny rail
• 9 round quick fire rotary magazine
• 22mm rail
• Caliber: .25 (6.35mm)
• Speed: 800fps
• Power: 16J
• Air Capacity: 245CC
• Regulator: Yes
• Magazine Capacity: 9
• Safety: Manual
• Barrel Length: 510mm / 20.1"
• Max Pressure: 250 bar
• Overall Length: 1050mm / 41.34"
• Weight: 3.1kg
• Stock: Black/tan synthetic
Basic tips for PCP operation.
- Make sure the barrels are cleaned prior to use the first time. Don’t use solvent. Mineral based cleaners like balistol should be used.
- Don’t use a brush or anything abrasive on the barrels just oil and cotton patches
- Use silicon oil and grease for oiling and lubricating
- Never let the tank drop below 1000PSI unless it its being emptied for a repair.
- If filling from a scuba tank purge the air very slowly
- If filling from a hand pump take breaks every 2 minutes to allow the air in the pump to cool failure can make the seals in the gun and the hand pump wear faster than needed
- Never exceed the max limit of the tank on the rifle if it is not written on the tank stay below 200BAR or 20MPA
- Most PCP air rifles will prefer heavier weighted pallets
Important note: it is recommended to not run the rifle under 10BAR to avoid damage to the valve system. Also avoid shooting the rifle until out of gas as this runs the risk of a pellet lodging in the barrel
Purchase of this item requires a firearms licence, you will need to complete a Police Order Form and take it into your local police station to have it signed off. The form can be found from the link below.
Police Order Form
Gun City is NZ's largest firearms dealers. We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising and repairing firearms and accessories since 1978. We have the largest range of guns, ammo and accessories available now, online in New Zealand.
Please call our shop for more information on +64 3 379-8888 in Christchurch, New Zealand.