This is one of the most sought-after rifles in NZ! We're constantly asked when they will be available and finally, we've got our hands on a few! But get in quick, because they won't last! The Ruger Precision rifle is purpose-built to distance itself from the typical long-range rifle. This is a highly configurable, in-line recoil path, bolt-action rifle, and offers an outstanding accuracy and long range capability.
• In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential
• Cold hammer-forged chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber
• Patented multi-magazine interface functions interchangeably with AICS and M110/SR-25/DPMS/Magpul-style magazines (works with some M14 magazines)
• Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5 pounds; wrench is stored in the bolt shroud
• Ruger Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock. Length of pull and comb height are adjustable.
• Medium-contour (.75" at the muzzle) barrel features a Ruger Precision Rifle Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter
• 15" free-float M-LOK handguard is made of hard anodized aluminum and features M-LOK slots on all four sides for improved scope clearance for long-range scopes and easy mounting of M-LOK compatible rails and accessories
• Ambidextrous manual safety for left- or right-handed lever manipulation
• 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with four, # 8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities
• "Upper" receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion
• Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body. Bolt body is nitrided for corrosion resistance, smooth operation and durability.
• Barrels can be replaced easily by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges
• Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip when bracing against shooting supports
• Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with a 5/16"-24 thread pattern for easy replacement. Bolt disassembly tool is stored in the Ruger Precision Rifle Billet Aluminum Bolt Shroud for easy striker channel cleaning.
• "Lower" magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum and are Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability
• Extended trigger-reach AR-style grip and 45° ambidextrous safety selector. May be configured with any AR-style grip and selector.
• Calibre: 6.5 Creedmoor
• Action: Bolt
• Stock: Folding, adjustable LOP and comb height
• Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodized
• Barrel Length: 24"
• Barrel: Cold hammer-forged, 5R rifling
• Overall Length: 43.25 - 46.75"
• LOP: 12 - 15.5"
• Twist: 1:8" RH
• Grooves: 5
• Weight: 10.7 lb.
• Capacity: 10
Buyer must have a current firearms licence and complete a Police order form available from the "Mail Order Form" link below.
Mail Order Form
We are NZ's largest firearms dealers. We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising and repairing firearms and accessories since 1978. We have the largest range of guns, ammo and accessories online in New Zealand.
Please call our shop for more information on +64 3 379-8888 in Christchurch, New Zealand.