The Howa 1500 bolt-action rifle is reviewed to be the best Howa rifle ever produced. Its simple design belies its solid performance and accuracy. The firearms’ bolt features the classic twin opposing locking lugs as well as a large extractor. The Howa 1500 is reminiscent of the early models of the Sako centrefire bolt action and features a single-piece forged bolt. It also has an easy strip-out firing pin assembly so that cleaning is easy. One of the most useful features of the Howa 1500 is its 3-position safety mechanism. This allows the user to set the safety switch in the middle position so there are no accidental discharges and unloading becomes a safe endeavor. The forward-most position is the “fire” option, while the full backward switch position is the “safe” mode. The Howa 1500 is a solid rifle that offers the same accuracy and quality as higher priced rifles.
• Model: Howa 1500
• Calibre: 6.5mm
• Cartridge: 6.5 Creedmoor
• Barrel length: 24"
• Blued barrel and action
• Three-position safety
• Two-stage HACT trigger
• Forged one-piece bolt with two locking lugs
• Weight: 7.75 lbs
MDT HS3 Chassis System
We have replaced the Howa stock with the Tactical MDT HS3 Chassis System.
The HS3 Chassis (Hunter/Sniper) was designed for use with short barrelled bolt action rifles. It converts your rifle to an external box magazine fed rifle, while improving accuracy, and giving the rifle superior ergonomics. The MDT HS3 chassis is especially designed to provide the best combination of bench rest accuracy and superior ergonomics, and thus it has many great features:
• Hogue pistol grip
• Adjustable MDT skeleton stock
• Adjustable cheek-piece
• Detachable box magazine
• Increases accuracy by up to 21%
• CNC Machined from 6061 aluminium
• Cerakote finish in Black
• Hole spacing for Magpul L5 (11-slot) and L3 (7-slot) rails
• Lightweight, free-floating modular forend
• Will accommodate barrels up to 1" diameter
• Compatible with AICS style magazines in .223 or .308 (SA) and 300WM, 30.06, (Long Action Magazine length 3.715)
• Fits other rifles chambered in common short-action cartridges.
The drop-in chassis serves as a base to which the operator can add tactical components according to the desired functionality. The stock is manufactured out
of 6061 aluminium, hard anodised to mil-spec type III and has durable Polymer side panels. The rifle action only makes contact with the HS3 chassis on the V shape bedding and recoil lug area ensuring the best accuracy and repeatability. The generous clearance on the forend makes any barrel up to the size of the action itself free floated.
• Weight: 1.4kg - 2.47lb
• Fits AICS / AM magazines in .223 and .308
• Fits other rifles chambered in common long-action cartridges
• Polymer sides in black
MINOX Scope ZX5 5-25x56 Plex
MINOX has yet again set new standards in precision, quality and reliability with its powerful riflescope models in the ZX5 product line.
This 5-25x56 ZX5 scope comes with a smooth power adjustment and an easy to adjust rubber armoured eyepiece to enable quick focusing on the target in view.
With an extended eye relief of 100mm it is very beneficial to users wearing eyeglasses and when using larger calibers.
• Field of view low power: 7.2 / 100 m
• Field of view high power: 1.6 m / 100 m
• Diopter adjustment: -3.0 / 2.5 dptr.
• Eye relief: ~100 mm
• Exit pupil low power: 11.2 mm
• Exit pupil high power: 2.2 mm
• Elevation travel: ≥ 1/8 MOA
• Windage travel: ≥ 1/8 MOA
• MOA per click: 3.7 mm / 100m
• Total travel: ± 13 MOA
• Parallax compensation: 50 m to ∞
• Length: 430 mm
• Weight ZX5 / ZX5i: 775 / 800 g
• Tube diameter: 30 mm
• Position of reticle: 2nd focal plane
Buyer must have a current firearms licence and complete a Police order form available from the Mail Order Form link below:
We are NZ's largest firearms dealer. We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising and repairing firearms and accessories since 1978. We have the largest range of guns, ammo and accessories online in New Zealand.
Please call our shop in Christchurch, New Zealand on +64 3 379-8888 for more information.