• Barrel: The short, totally free-floating barrel of the Sako 85 Kodiak is cold hammer-forged of stainless steel and features adjustable open sights.
• Stock: The straight, classic stock is made of gray matte-lacquered laminated hardwood and reinforced with two cross-bolts.
• Bear Series: The Grizzly, Black Bear, Brown Bear and Kodiak are purpose-oriented weapons for bear hunters. All four Bear models feature adjustable fast target acquisition iron sights and a detachable staggered two-row steel magazine with TLC, preventing unintentional magazine release. All can be top-loaded and have controlled cartridge feed, an adjustable single stage trigger and a barrel band for front swivel – plus mechanical case ejection. They are also equipped with integral dovetail rails for secure scope mounting.
• Action: Sako 85 actions come in six different sizes (CSA), providing reliable functioning for each caliber. All Sako 85 models feature controlled cartridge feed (RCS) to eliminate double feed or cartridge jams. The turn-bolt handle places the hand in a natural position during bolt operation, which allows for rapid repeated firing.
• Magazine: The staggered, two-row magazine of the Sako 85 is made of stainless steel. The detachable magazine can also be loaded through the ejection port. The Total Control Latch (patent pending) of the Sako 85 prevents accidental magazine release.
• Safety: The special two-way Sako safety locks both the trigger and the bolt handle. The unique bolt release button of the Sako Safety System allows you to load or remove a cartridge from the chamber while the safety is engaged.
• Trigger: The weight of pull of the single- stage Sako 85 trigger unit is adjustable from 1 to 2 kg (2–4 lbs). An optional single-set trigger is available for most Sako 85 models. All Sako 85 rifles have an extremely durable, all-steel trigger guard that protects the trigger. An exception to this are the Finnlight and Carbonlight models, which have a lightweight hard-anodized aluminium trigger guard.