Calling the Sako 85 Hunter a standard is a serious understatement. It comes with world-class Sako features, including the legendary Sako accuracy, smooth bolt operation, and perfect balance, making it a valued rifle to both own and shoot. The Sako 85 Hunter features a walnut stock and is available with blued or stainless metal parts.
• Action: The Sako 85 model features controlled cartridge feed (RCS) to eliminate double feed or cartridge jams. The turn-bolt handle places the hand in a natural position during bolt operation, which allows for rapid repeated firing.
• Barrel: Sako 85 barrels are manufactured with a passion for craftsmanship and the very best knowledge of Sako. Barrel blanks are drilled, honed, cold- hammer forged, finished and finally individually inspected by an optical fine-tuning instrument: the human eye. Twist rates are chosen for each caliber to optimize accuracy and bullet performance. Sako 85 barrels, blued or stainless, have a non-reflecting, satin-like surface.
• Magazine: The staggered, two-row magazine of the Sako 85 is made of stainless steel. The detachable magazine can also be loaded through the ejection port. The Total Control Latch (patent pending) of the Sako 85 prevents accidental magazine release.
• Safety: The special two-way Sako safety locks both the trigger and the bolt handle. The unique bolt release button of the Sako Safety System allows you to load or remove a cartridge from the chamber while the safety is engaged.
• Sights: Most of the Sako 85 models with a blued finish on the barrel are available with either standard or optional adjustable iron sights. The front bead is adjustable in elevation and the rear blade in windage.
• Stock: The ergonomics of Sako 85’s walnut and synthetic stocks are built for an optimal shooting posture. The excellent balance and smooth bolt operation of Sako 85 rifles enable fast, straight and accurate operation.
• Trigger: The weight of pull of the single- stage Sako 85 trigger unit is adjustable from 1 to 2 kg (2–4 lbs). An optional single-set trigger is available for most Sako 85 models. All Sako 85 rifles have an extremely durable, all-steel trigger guard that protects the trigger.
• Calibre: .308 WIN
• Walnut stock
• Single set trigger
• Two-way Sako safety
• 22" barrel
• 5+1 magazine capacity
• 1:11" rate of twist
• Weight: 3.3kg
• Stainless matte finish
Buyer must have a current firearms licence and complete a Police order form available from the "Mail Order Form" link below.
Mail Order Form
We are NZ's largest firearms dealers. We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising and repairing firearms and accessories since 1978. We have the largest range of guns, ammo and accessories online in New Zealand.
Please call our shop for more information on +64 3 379-8888 in Christchurch, New Zealand.