*PLEASE NOTE: Because each gun is unique, it's condition will vary from the photos. Please feel free to call us if you are interested in selecting one and would like to know more about it. We have a small number of these guns, in either average and good condition. These ones are in average condition.
Now you have the chance to own a very rare and collectible firearm! We have landed an exciting variety of 1940s era M1 Carbines.
The M1 carbine (formally the United States Carbine, Caliber .30, M1) is a lightweight, easy to use, .30 caliber (7.62 mm) semi-automatic carbine that was a standard firearm for the U.S. military during World War II, the Korean War and well into the Vietnam War. The M1 carbine was produced in several variants and was widely used by not only the U.S. military, but by military, paramilitary and police forces around the world. It has also been a popular civilian firearm.
A total of over 6.2 million M1 carbines of various models were manufactured in just 38 months, making it the most produced small arm for the American military during World War II. Underwood-Elliot-Fisher Co. produced nearly 600,000 of these rifles, who were considered to have produced the first widely successful modern typewriter producer. They also produced M1 Carbine barrels for the US Government to be sent to other prime manufacturers who did not have the resources to produce barrels themselves. They were also one of the two companies who were contracted to refurbish the Carbines post-war.
• Chambered in 30 M1 Carbine
• Short-stroke piston operated, with the gas port and piston apparatus on the underside of the barrel. Gas is bled from the barrel much closer to the chamber than with other rifles, the idea being that hot gas wouldn’t create as much carbonization in the gas port and piston system, meaning lower maintenance.
• Blade front and sliding ramp-type adjustable sight with four settings: 100, 200, 250 and 300 yards. This new rear sight was also adjustable for windage.
• These little carbines only weigh approximately 5 lbs
• Overall length is just 36", making it only an inch shorter than the Ruger 10/22 Carbine
• 5 round magazine
Buyer must have a current firearms licence and complete a Police order form available from the "Mail Order Form" link below.
Mail Order Form
We are NZ's largest firearms dealers. We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising and repairing firearms and accessories since 1978. We have the largest range of guns, ammo and accessories online in New Zealand.
Please call our shop for more information on +64 3 379-8888 in Christchurch, New Zealand.